We took Erin to OSU Friday.  Everything went well.

We lucked out on the weather.  We’d been eyeballing the long range weather forecast for as long as the date had been on it and had been really nervous about the 105 degree temperatures but as the day approached, the forecast got modified until it was in the mid-90’s.  We got some rain the day before and so things were a bit cloudy with those residual effects.  In short, the weather was a good as we had a right to expect in August.   Better in fact.

We had everything loaded the night before and Evan drove in from Fayetteville after his last day at his internship.  So on Friday morning we just took off.

This may be the first time we’ve ever gone anywhere and not forgotten anything.  We did not have to make that run to Wal-Mart to pick up the things we didn’t know we needed.  I guess we’ve done it enough by now.  Of course, Mel and Erin had practiced the packing for a week in advance.  As we were unloading Erin spotted a girl from church and so had somebody to hang out with after we were done. 

Again, we lucked out and a parent was finishing up right as we went inside and gave us a rolling flat cart to put our stuff on.  With that and the two wheeled dolly that I brought along with me, we got everything in about two trips.  We then spent an hour or so in setting up her room.  That all went smoothly and it was quiet since she was moving in early and almost nobody was around.

After that we went over to Eskimo Joe’s for a snack – mostly because Evan had never been there.  We then just basically dropped her off, gave her a hug, and left.  That’s what she wanted to happen anyway.  Since that time we have not heard a peep from her which means she’s busy doing things with people.  She had some sort of training to get ready for helping others move in on Monday but other than that, I really don’t know what happened.  Her updates to Facebook and Twitter were minimal at best and so we’ll just have to wait.  We had mentioned seeing her on Labor Day but there’s actually a game that day that she has tickets for so she doesn’t need to be coming home then.  So who knows when we’ll hear any real news?

We just drove on home with Evan in the back seat telling us all about how his job went during the summer.