So, I’m building a coffee grinder this week.  First, I glued up the box without first cutting a space for the drawer.  Oops!  But I can still saw one out somehow.  Then last night, I went to drill the hole in the lid for the grinder mechanism.  I don’t have a fly cutter for my drill press but I do have a variable hole bit for an old brace-and-bit system so I used that.  It turns out that when you try to drill a 3 inch hole with one of those, it takes a huge amount of force – enough to break your coffee grinder lid right in half with a loud SNAP!  Oops again!

This thing is going to look pretty slapdash when done but my goal is to grind coffee not create a museum piece.

Advertisements